Advent recognises that environmental performance is a critical component of our business. Advent’s commitment is to not only maintain but enhance our ‘licence to operate’ and our goal is to go beyond compliance and adopt a leading practice approach. Advent is committed to monitoring and managing the environmental impacts of our activities to secure a sustainable environmental future for communities surrounding our sites, even after our operations cease.
Our Environment Policy commits us to:
- Integrate environmental management into all facets of our business
- Inform and consult with the community about Advent’s activities and projects
- Manage environmental risks on a site-specific basis to achieve planned environmental outcomes
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations as a minimum standard
- Continually strive to improve overall environmental performance
- Identify opportunities for the efficient use of energy and water, minimise waste and reduce the Company’s environmental footprint
- Contribute to conservation of biodiversity and integrated approaches to land use planning
- Rehabilitate sites or areas disturbed by company activities to comply with the applicable Environmental Management Plan
Report annually to shareholders and the community on Advent’s environmental performance.
Environmental matters are considered during all stages of our activities. Environmental and social impact assessments are undertaken as part of the feasibility process for new projects and are used as the basis for planning should the project develop into an operation. In addition, environmental due diligence is conducted as part of our mergers and acquisition process.
Advent reports our environmental performance annually through a Sustainability Report under Global Reporting Initiative Guidelines. For more information regarding Advent’s environmental commitment and performance, refer to the current Sustainability Report.